In this Asian-inspired recipe, barramundi gets plenty of savory-sweet flavor from a glaze of sushi sauce and white miso. We’re baking it along with broccoli and carrots, finished together in a bright, citrusy sauce.
• Prep and cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 Scallions
• 6 oz Carrots
• 1 lb Broccoli
• 2 cloves Garlic
• 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar
• 1 cup Jasmine Rice
• 1/4 cup Sushi Sauce
• 3 tbsps Roasted Peanuts
• 3 tbsps Sweet Chili Sauce
• 4 Skin-On Barramundi Fillets
• 1 tbsp Vegetarian Ponzu Sauce
• 3 tbsps Sweet White Miso Paste
- Prepare the ingredients & make the glaze: Preheat the oven to 450°F. Wash and dry the fresh produce. Cut off and discard the bottom 1/2 inch of the broccoli stem; cut the broccoli into small pieces, keeping the florets intact. Peel the carrots; halve lengthwise, then cut crosswise into 1-inch pieces. Peel and roughly chop the garlic. Cut off and discard the root ends of the scallions; thinly slice, separating the white bottoms and green tops. Roughly chop the peanuts. In a bowl, whisk together the miso paste, sushi sauce, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Roast the vegetables: Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Place the broccoli and carrot pieces on the foil. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; toss to coat. Arrange in an even layer. Roast 20 to 22 minutes, or until browned and tender when pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven.
- Cook the rice: While the vegetables roast, in a small pot, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium-high until hot. Add the chopped garlic and sliced white bottoms of the scallions; season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until slightly softened and fragrant. Add the rice, a big pinch of salt, and 2 cups of water (carefully, as the water may splatter). Heat to boiling on high. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook, without stirring, 12 to 14 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Turn off the heat and fluff with a fork. Cover to keep warm.
- Glaze & bake the fish: While the rice cooks, line a separate sheet pan with aluminum foil. Drizzle the foil with olive oil. Pat the fish dry with paper towels. Place on the foil, skin side down. Evenly top with the glaze. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until opaque and cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Make the sauce: While the fish bakes, in a bowl, combine the sweet chili sauce and ponzu sauce.
- Finish & serve your dish: Evenly top the roasted vegetables with the sauce; carefully toss to coat. Serve the baked fish with the finished vegetables and cooked rice. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and sliced green tops of the scallions. Enjoy!
This great family recipe is thanks to Blue Apron Recipes at https://www.blueapron.com/recipes/miso-glazed-barramundi-with-roasted-vegetables-garlic-rice