This tantalising slow-cooked lamb is full of exciting Moroccan flavours.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 8 hours
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tbsps honey
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 cinnamon stick
• pinch saffron threads
• 2/3 cup dried apricots
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 cup coriander sprigs
• buttered couscous, to serve
• 2 tbsps moroccan seasoning
• steamed green beans, to serve
• 2 cups salt-reduced beef stock
• 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
• 1/4 cup Australiam almonds, chopped, toasted
• 900g boneless lamb leg roast, excess fat trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook lamb, in 3 batches, for 3-4 mins or until browned all over. Transfer to a 4.5L slow cooker.
- Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 5 mins or until soft. Add the seasoning and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until fragrant. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the stock, honey, cinnamon and saffron. Cook, covered, on low for 7 hrs. Add the apricots and cook, covered, on low for 1 hr.
- Serve with couscous and green beans, sprinkled with almonds and coriander.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/moroccan-lamb/4688b0bd-db03-4050-873e-2b270d289a1c