For a simple weeknight dinner, serve grilled pork sausages with Greek-style salad.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 6 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 1/2 tsp ground oregano
• 80g pitted kalamata olives
• 200g semi-dried tomatoes
• 8 extra-lean pork sausages
• 140g low-fat feta, cut into cubes
• 1 green oakleaf lettuce, washed, dried, leaves separated
• 1 ripe avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, chopped
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, coarsely chopped
- Preheat grill on high. Combine 1 tablespoon of the oil and the oregano in a small bowl. Brush the pork sausages with the oregano oil. Place on a baking tray and cook under preheated grill, about 6cm from the heat source, for 3-4 minutes each side or until brown and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, feta and olives in a large bowl. Drizzle with the remaining oil and gently toss to combine. Place the lettuce on serving plates and top with the pork sausages. Serve with Greek salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/oregano-pork-sausages-greek-salad/fe9d26e0-e2a5-4aa8-a436-1b8bad779fcb