Roast onions, courgettes and red peppers, then serve in a tomato sauce alongside juicy pork sausages.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• 8 large pork sausages
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 400g can chopped tomato
• 1 onion, cut into 16 wedges
• 3 courgettes, cut into bite-sized pieces
• 1 red pepper, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Place the onion, courgettes and red pepper in a baking dish, large enough to fit them in a single layer. Drizzle over 2 tbsp of the olive oil and season. Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and cook the sausages for about 5 mins until lightly browned on all sides.
- Stir the garlic and chopped tomatoes into the veg, season again, then place the sausages on top and return to the oven to cook for a further 20 mins until the vegetables are tender.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/oven-baked-ratatouille-sausages