Don't be intimidated by its beauty (and size). Beef tenderloin is actually insanely easy to make, thanks to a marinade made up of ingredients you probably already have and a surprisingly quick cook time. If you only want to use rosemary (or thyme), that's fine. Just double up on whichever herb you're using. As for the creamy horseradish sauce, DON'T SKIP IT. We used a mixture of yogurt + sour cream, but mayo would work too!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tbsps honey
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 3 sprigs fresh thyme
• 1 tsp dried rosemary
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 (2 lbs) beef tenderloin
• 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
• 2 cloves garlic, smashed
• 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
• 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsps whole grain mustard
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
For yogurt sauce:
• kosher salt
• juice of 1/2 lemon
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
• 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, smashed garlic, and honey. Add meat to bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour or up to one day.
- Preheat oven to 450º. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and fit a wire rack inside. Remove tenderloin from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Season all over with salt, pepper, rosemary, and minced garlic, then place on rack.
- Roast until cooked to your liking, about 20 minutes for rare. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, sour cream, horseradish, and lemon juice, and season with salt.
- Slice tenderloin and serve with sauce on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to delishat https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/recipes/a55651/best-beef-tenderloin-recipe/