• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 20ml (1 tbsp) peanut oil
• 40ml (2 tbsps) lime juice
• Fried shallot*, to garnish
• 2 garlic cloves, chopped
• 40ml (2 tbsps) fish sauce
• 50g deep-fried tofu puffs*
• 1/2 cup trimmed beansprouts
• 2 red chillies, seeded, chopped
• 200g medium-thick rice noodles
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
• 150g green prawns, peeled, with tails on
• 1 tbsp shaved palm sugar* or brown sugar
• 4 spring onions, sliced, plus extra to garnish
• 1/4 cup roasted chopped peanuts, to garnish
- Place noodles in a bowl and pour boiling water over to cover. Set aside for 5 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the garlic, onion and chilli and stir-fry quickly for a few seconds. Add the prawns and cook for 1 minute, then add the fish sauce, sugar, lime juice, egg and tofu.
- Cook, stirring, for a further minute until combined, then toss in the coriander and beansprouts.
- Pile into serving bowls and garnish with peanuts, onions and fried shallots.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/pad-thai-prawns/d4c523df-dd1b-423f-8b7f-2a0b100f0643?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/prawnrecipes