Parmesan-Basil-Cheddar Stars shine with fresh basil flavor with every pop of these savory bites.
• Prep and cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves about 15
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 3 tbsps half-and-half
• 1/2 cup better, softened
• 1 1/2 cups grated cheese
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3 tbsps finely chopped fresh basil
• 2 1/2 cups (about 10 oz.) freshly shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat Cheddar cheese, butter, half-and-half, and salt at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until blended. Gradually add flour, Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, and basil, beating just until combined.
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured surface. Divide into 4 equal portions, and flatten each into a disk; roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 1 1/2-inch star-shaped cutter. Place 1 inch apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden; cool on baking sheets on wire racks 30 minutes.
This great family recipe is thanks to my recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/parmesan-basil-cheddar-stars