Soak the cashews the day before you want to make this recipe, so they’re ready to go whenever you are.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 120ml olive oil
• ¼ cup mint leaves
• 2 tsps lemon juice
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1 cup (150g) frozen peas
• ½ cup (80g) raw cashews
• ½ cup (40g) grated parmesan
• 4 x 200g skin-on barramundi fillets
• 150g frozen broccoli, (or fresh broccoli chopped into florets)
Tomato and herb salad with goat's cheese:
• Mixed fresh herbs
• 100g goat’s cheese
• Large pinch of sugar
• ¼ cup (60ml) olive oil
• 2 tbsps white balsamic vinegar
• 700g mixed tomatoes, thickly sliced (use a mixture of styles and types of tomatoes, such as red, kumato, green, large and cherry tomatoes)
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with cold water. Soak for 3 hours or overnight. Drain.
- To make the salad, combine oil, vinegar and sugar in a jug and season. Place the tomatoes in a large shallow bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Set aside for 20 minutes to let the ﬂavours develop.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a platter. Crumble over the goat’s cheese and scatter with herbs. Drizzle with a little dressing from the bowl.
- For the pesto and barramundi, place broccoli and peas in a microwavesafe bowl. Add 1 tbs water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside.
- Dry skin of the fish with paper towel then sprinkle with salt. Pour 2 tbs oil into a cold non-stick frypan. Arrange fish in the pan, skin-side down. Place over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes or until skin is crisp and golden. Turn and cook for 2 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Blitz the cashews, broccoli and peas, parmesan, mint and garlic in a food processor until coarsely chopped. With the motor running, add the remaining olive oil in a thin, steady stream until well combined. Blend in the lemon juice. Season.
- Transfer the pesto to serving plates. Arrange the fish on top, sprinkle with a little sea salt and serve with salad.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipe at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/pea-broccoli-pesto-crispy-skinned-barramundi/OA8QFqRc