• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• salt and pepper
• 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
• 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
• 1 cup sliced mushrooms
• 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 1 cup shredded mozzarella
• 1/2 cup sliced pepperoni rounds
• 4 large baking potatoes, washed, patted dry, pierced all over with a sharp knife
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Rub potatoes with 1/2 Tbsp. oil, then sprinkle with salt. Place potatoes on a paper towel and microwave until just tender, about 10 minutes, turning halfway through. Transfer potatoes to baking sheet. Bake until skins are crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook onion and mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until soft and beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in pepperoni, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Place oven rack 5 inches from heat source; preheat broiler. Carefully cut a slit in top of each potato; squeeze ends to open. Fluff inside of potato with a fork. Divide pepperoni mixture among potatoes; top with mozzarella. Broil until cheese is melted and starting to brown, approximately 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pepperoni-pizza-baked-potatoes