So simple to prepare, the gravy is a fantastic recipe to keep on hand for a variety of other proteins. Try it with poached eggs or chicken.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsps cornstarch
• 3/4 tsp garlic powder
• 2 green onions, sliced
• 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
• 1/3 cup unsalted chicken stock
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter, divided
• 1 cup lower-sodium tomato juice, divided
• 3/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, divided
• 4 (6 ounce) bone-in center-cut loin pork chops
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
• 1 pound yellow squash, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high. Add pork; cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove from pan.
- Combine 1/2 cup tomato juice and cornstarch in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add cornstarch mixture, remaining 1/2 cup tomato juice, stock, garlic powder, and onions to pan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 tablespoon parsley, and 1 tablespoon butter.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over high heat until foamy. Add squash; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and remaining 1 tablespoon parsley. Serve pork with sauce and squash.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-chops-tomato-gravy-squash