Steaming squash tenderizes it before you pan-sear it to a caramelized finish.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 13 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tsps sugar
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 tbsp unsalted butter
• 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 2 tsps all-purpose flour
• 1 cup dried cranberries
• 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
• 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
• 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley
• 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 3 cups precut peeled butternut squash
• 1 cup chopped peeled Granny Smith apple
• 1 (1-pound) pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 12 thin medallions
- Place squash and cranberries in a microwave-safe dish. Add water to a depth of 1/4 inch; cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at HIGH 7 minutes; drain.
- While squash cooks, heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle pork with 1/2 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish; dredge pork in flour. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add half of pork; cook 2 minutes per side. Transfer cooked pork to a platter. Repeat with remaining oil and pork.
- Add chicken stock to pan; cook until liquid is reduced by half, stirring occasionally.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, apple, sugar, and red pepper to pan, and toss to coat; sauté 4 minutes. Add squash, cranberries, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss and remove from heat. Pour pan sauce over pork, and serve with squash mixture; garnish with chopped parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pork-cutlets-butternut-squash