With crispy sage & melted Cheddar cheese.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 800g potatoes
• 2 prigs of fresh sage
• 40g Cheddar cheese
• 4 slices of high-welfare prosciutto
• 400g piece of higher-welfare pork fillet
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Wash the potatoes, chop into 3cm chunks, then cook in a large pan of boiling salted water with the lid on for 12 minutes, or until tender.
- Meanwhile, put a shallow casserole pan on a high heat.
- Season the pork with sea salt and black pepper, then place in the pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sear for 3 minutes, turning regularly, while you pick the sage leaves.
- Remove the pork to a plate, toss the sage leaves into the fat in the pan for just 5 seconds, then scoop on to a plate, leaving the pan off the heat to use again.
- Drain the spuds, tip into the casserole pan, grate over half the cheese, add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and mash well, loosening with a splash of water, if needed.
- Taste, season to perfection, and spread out to the edges. Grate over the remaining cheese, sit the pork on top, then gratinate under the grill for 10 minutes.
- Lay the prosciutto around the pork in waves, sprinkle over the crispy sage, then grill for 2 more minutes, or until the pork is cooked to your liking.
- Rest for 2 minutes, then slice the pork and dish up.
This great family recipe is thanks to Jamie Oliver Recipes at https://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pork-recipes/pork-mash-gratin/