For a taste sensation, combine rigatoni with classic pork sausages and perino grape tomatoes.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• Rocket leaves, to serve
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 350g rigatoni or penne pasta
• 1/2 cup finely shredded basil
• 1 brown onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
• Finely grated parmesan, to serve
• 2 x 200g punnets Perino grape tomatoes, halved
• 4 Coles Classic Pork Sausages, casings removed, coarsely chopped
- Cook the pasta following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausage meat and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up large lumps, for 5 mins or until brown. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the oil to the pan. Cook the onion, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min or until fragrant. Add the wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until the wine reduces by half. Add the tomato and tomato paste and cook, stirring, for 2 mins or until tomato begins to break down. Remove from heat. Add the sausage meat and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the pasta. Add the basil and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with parmesan. Serve with rocket leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausage-tomato-rigatoni/83624d1d-68b9-4bdd-bb73-000d5cd14ea3