This delicious pork stew is ready in under an hour!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsps ground cumin
• 1 1/2 cups couscous
• 8 thick pork sausages
• 2 tsps ground coriander
• 800g can diced tomatoes
• 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
• 2 tbsps slivered almonds, toasted
• 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
• 270g jar chargrilled capsicums, drained
• 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
• 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook sausages for 10 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup cold water, capsicum and sausages. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil over high heat. Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add stock. Cover. Stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Stir with fork to separate grains. Stir in almonds, parsley and fetta. Serve couscous with sausage stew.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausage-stew-almond-couscous/dc22f036-01ac-4931-b86f-ed278d719dd9