Add a little snazz to snags with a gourmet gratin!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Gravy, to serve
• Steamed green beans, to serve
• Fresh rosemary leaves, to serve
• 500g pork sausages with cider and apple
Cabbage & Gruyère Gratin:
• 185ml (3/4 cup) milk
• 2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
• 100g gruyere, finely grated
• 185ml (3/4 cup) pouring cream
• 1kg washed potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
• 1/2 (about 400g) mini savoy cabbage, shredded
- For the cabbage and gruyère gratin, heat the oil in a large frying pan. Add the shredded cabbage and cook, stirring often, for 20 minutes or until wilted.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced. Grease a 1.5L (6 cup) baking dish. Layer the potato, cabbage and cheese in 3 layers.
- Combine the milk and cream in a large jug and pour down the sides of the dish. Bake for 1 hour or until the potato is tender and the cheese is golden. Use a 10cm cutter to cut 4 discs from the gratin.
- Cook the sausages following packet directions until cooked through. Place the gratin discs on serving plates, sprinkle with the rosemary leaves, then serve with the sausages, beans and gravy.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausages-cabbage-gruyere-gratin/830baa42-6e2c-4e1d-a064-a7d55e72c171