Dinner tonight is sorted with this bistro-style sausage with lentils recipe.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 bay leaf
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 small bunch thyme
• 8 thick pork sausages
• 3 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 onions, finely chopped
• 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
• sour cream, to serve (Optional)
• 1 1/3 cups (330ml) alcoholic apple cider
• 2 cups (400 g) green lentils, rinsed, drained
• 1 apple, peeled, cored, cut into 1cm pieces
• 1 1/3 cups (330ml) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Cook the lentils in a saucepan of boiling water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, then set aside until needed.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-low heat. Cook the sausages, turning, for 6-8 minutes until browned. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining 1 tbs oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic, then cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Increase heat to medium, add the apple, thyme and bay leaf, then season. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the cider and stock, then bring to a simmer and cook for 7-8 minutes until liquid is slightly reduced.
- Return the sausages to the pan with the celery and lentils, then cook for 4-5 minutes until warmed through.
- Ladle lentil mixture among serving plates and top with the sausages.
- Serve with sour cream, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/pork-sausages-cider-lentils/0d447173-eca2-4cf3-9017-817a201cd995?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/yil20vmy