• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 20g butter
• 2 tsps Dijon mustard
• 8 thick pork sausages
• 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
• 80g baby rocket leaves
• 60ml (1/4 cup) buttermilk
• 60ml (1/4 cup) fresh orange juice
• salt & freshly ground black pepper
• 2 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into 1cm thick slices
• 2 medium (about 280g), parsnips, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
• 2 witlof, bases trimmed, chopped crossways, leaves separated
• 3 large (about 600g) desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with plenty of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat and cook for 5 minutes. Add the parsnips and cook for a further 5 minutes or until potatoes and parsnips are tender. Drain. Return to the saucepan and add the buttermilk and butter. Place over low heat and use a potato masher to mash until smooth. Taste and season with salt.
- Meanwhile, heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sausages and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Combine the witlof, celery and rocket in a large bowl. Use a fork to whisk together the oil, orange juice and mustard in a small bowl. Drizzle over the witlof mixture and gently toss to combine. Taste and season with salt.
- Serve sausages with witlof salad and parsnip mash. Season with pepper.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/pork-sausages-witlof-salad-parsnip-mash/a05ff9dc-9add-42bf-bf06-c2244d2f5337