Escape those Winter blues with this filling laksa, bursting with spicy flavours, vegetables and juicy prawns.
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps peanut oil
• 200g rice vermicelli
• 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
• 1 tbsp grated palm sugar
• 2 kaffir lime leaves, halved
• 1/3 cup (100g) laksa paste
• 3/4 cup (60g) bean sprouts
• 3 cup (750ml) coconut milk
• 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
• 4 tbsps fried shallots (optional)
• 1 medium (130g) lebanese cucumber
• 1 litre (4 cups) fish or vegetable stock
• 12 large uncooked prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over a high heat. Cook prawns, in batches, stirring, until golden on both sides. Remove from pan.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add laksa paste, cook, stirring, 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add tomatoes, cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in lime juice, lime leaves, sugar, coconut milk and stock. Bring to a simmer.
- Place vermicelli in a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water. Stand for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, cut cucumber into long thin strips. Divide noodles and prawns between 4 large bowls.
- Ladle the laksa mixture into the bowls. Top with the bean sprouts, coriander leaves, cucumber and shallots. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to Women's Weekly Food Recipes at https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/prawn-laksa-17932