Prawns (not shrimp) on the barbie? Quite frankly, it'd be un-Australian to not make this recipe this summer.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8 skewers
• 1/2 cup (160g) laksa paste
• 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
• 1/2 cup (125ml) coconut milk, plus extra to serve
• 24 medium green prawns, peeled (heads and tails intact), deveined
• Mint leaves, fried Asian shailots and roti (from selected supermarkets), to serve
- Combine laksa paste, coconut milk and oil in a bowl. Transfer half the laksa mixture to a separate bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight to marinate.
- Place remaining laksa mixture in a saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Heat a chargrill pan or barbecue to high heat. Thread laksa prawns onto skewers and grill, brushing regularly with warm laksa paste mixture, for 2 minutes each side or until prawns are just cooked through.
- Place skewers on a serving platter. Drizzle with a little extra coconut milk and scatter with mint and fried shallots. Serve immediately with roti and remaining extra coconut milk.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawn-laksa-skewers/2qsBdsUW?r=recipes/group/sx8icie0