Capture the flavour of Australian country cooking with this simple prawn and lemon myrtle mayonnaise starter.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 2 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• Olive oil, to brush
• 1 garlic clove, halved
• 1/3 cup (80g) sour cream
• 6 slices sourdough, halved
• 1 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1/3 cup (100g) whole-egg mayonnaise
• 2 tsps ground lemon myrtle (see notes), plus extra to serve
• 18 cooked peeled prawns, deveined, halved lengthways if large
- Preheat a barbecue or chargrill pan on high heat. Brush oil over both sides of the bread. Grill bread, turning, for 1-2 minutes until charred. Rub warm bread with the cut side of the garlic.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and lemon myrtle in a bowl, then season. Toss the prawns with half the mayonnaise mixture, then pile onto toasts. Sprinkle with parsley and a little extra lemon myrtle, then serve with the remaining mayonnaise mixture.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/prawns-toast-lemon-myrtle-mayonnaise/de22312f-aabf-449a-a80e-8f41f6774dcd?