Scallops and bacon are a classic combination. The only thing that can top bacon in my book is prosciutto. That’s exactly what I used to take this Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops recipe to the next level. That, and truffle balsamic.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 8 sea scallops
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 8 slices of prosciutto
• 1 fresh lemon, halved
• Balsamic reduction, to finish
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Fold prosciutto slices in half lengthwise. Wrap one piece around the outside of each scallop, overlapping prosciutto ends and securing with a toothpick.
- Heat pan to med-high and drizzle pan with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over each scallop, squeeze lemon over them, and place in pan. Cook 6-7 minutes, turning once, until just opaque. They are done when the prosciutto is a light brown crisp and the scallops are slightly golden.
- Plate and drizzle with high-quality balsamic.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly Recipes at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Prosciutto-Wrapped-Scallops-with-Balsamic-2348683#directions