We always get asked for recipes utilising a whole salmon and this is one of our best. Ideal for entertaining and feeding a group of 10 or more it takes just minutes to prepare and under an hour to cook. We guarantee it’ll impress even the most hard to please guest!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 12-15
• 1 lemon (sliced)
• 3 tbsps salt flakes
• 1 tbsp onion powder
• 3 tbsps garlic powder
• 2 garlic cloves (sliced)
• 1 tbsp ground tumeric
• 2 tbsps ground oregano
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 1 tbsp ground black pepper
• 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
• 1 3.5kg Huon whole fillet salmon
• 1 cup dill sprigs (plus extra for garnish)
- Make sure the salmon is cleaned and scaled. Rinse well in cold water and dry with kitchen paper. Make eight deep cuts on both sides of the salmon and fill the belly cavity with the lemon slices, garlic and dill.
- Place onto an oven tray and pre heat a hooded barbecue on high for 10 minutes.
- Combine two tablespoons of the adobo seco with the olive oil and brush all over the salmon. To make the adobo seco mix combine the salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, tumeric, onion powder and sweet smoked paprica in a bowl.
- Barbecue at 175°C with the hood down for 40 minutes or until just cooked in the centre.
- Present on a platter garnished with fresh dill sprigs.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/puerto-rican-style-whole-barbequed-salmon/