As said by Tenina this recipe is “easy, tasty, so pretty and really more-ish”. This is sure to end up on high rotation on your home kitchen menu!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time:15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 500g Reserve Selection Hot Smoked Ocean Trout with Blackened Spice
• 50g dulse flakes
• 2 eschalots, peeled
• 1 handfull coriander leaves and roots
• 3 tsp cumin powder
• freshly cracked black pepper
• EVOO as needed
• 1 punnet grape tomatoes, halved
• 2-4 spring onions, sliced on the angle
• 1 pack salad leaves (of choice)
• 1-2 avocados, diced
• 1 red capsicum, diced
• 3-4 tortillas prepared or purchased
• 100g parmesan, cubed
• 2 tsp cumin seeds
• 2 tsp coriander seeds
• 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- Using a fork pull the trout apart, but don’t make the pieces too small. (And try not to eat more than your fair share!)
- Place eschalots, coriander roots, lime juice, salt, cumin, paprika, pepper and EVOO into Thermo bowl and blend 3 sec/speed 6. Pour over trout and refrigerate until service.
- To make Tortilla Chips, preheat oven to 180℃.
- Place 4-5 tortillas onto large flat lined trays and brush with EVOO.
- Place cheese, seeds and garlic into Thermo bowl and mill 8 sec/speed 10.
- Divide between tortillas. Use a pizza wheel to cut each tortilla into 8ths to form triangular chips.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until crispy and golden.
- To serve combine the trout and salad mixtures and place a portion on each plate.
- Top with a few of the Tortilla Chips.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua Recipes at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/reserve-selection-hot-smoked-ocean-trout-blackened-spice-mexican-salad/