This Roast Leg of Lamb glistens with a blackberry glaze and is the ultimate meal for the holidays or a special occasion. Thank you to Albertsons and Safeway for helping me share this recipe with you.
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 12
• 5 lb. Open Nature boneless leg of lamb
• 4 garlic cloves, cut in half
• 3 tbsp O Organics extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsp chopped O Organics fresh rosemary
• 1 tsp kosher salt
• 3/4 tsp ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut 8 small slits over the surface of the lamb. Tuck a half garlic clove in each slit.
- Using kitchen string, tightly tie the lamb in several places (see photo above).
- In a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub the rosemary mixture over the surface of the lamb.
- Place the leg of lamb in a roasting pan or on a rimmed baking sheet. Cook at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Decrease the heat to 350 degrees F and roast until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reads 130 degrees F, about 1 ¼ hours. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, brush the lamb with 1/3 of the glaze.
- Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for about 20 minutes. The temperature will rise about 10 degrees as the lamb rests, bringing it to medium-rare.
- Brush the lamb with another 1/3 of the glaze. Slice against the grain. Serve with remaining glaze.
The glaze: In a small, whisk together the blackberry preserves, Worcestershire sauce and apple cider vinegar.
This great family recipe is thanks to Cookin-Canuck Recipes at https://www.cookincanuck.com/roast-leg-lamb-blackberry-glaze/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly