Salisbury steak meatballs are like comfort food heaven. Juicy homemade meatballs are simmered in a homemade salisbury steak sauce. Serve them over rice or mash potatoes for the ultimate weeknight dinner!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps butter
• 1 cup onions diced
• 2 cups mushrooms sliced
• 1/3 cup milk
• salt and pepper to taste
• 1.5 pounds ground beef
• 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
• 1/4 cup parmesan shredded
• 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
• 1 tbsp flour
• 1/2 can water
• 1 1/2 tsp dijon
• 2 tbsps ketchup
• 10 oz beef broth
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 2 tsps Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp parsley fresh, chopped
- In a large saucepan, saute onions in butter until transluscent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and saute an additional 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ingredients for the meatballs until just combined. Create approximately 24 meatballs (1 1/2 tablespoons each). Place into saucepan to brown.
- Meanwhile in a small mixing bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce. Pour sauce over the meatballs.
- Bring the pan to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes to reduce.
- Place lid on the pan and simmer for an additional 20 minutes before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Spend-With-Pennies Recipes at https://www.spendwithpennies.com/salisbury-steak-meatballs/