• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 6-8 hours
• Yield: Serves 8
• 1 large onion, chopped
• Torn fresh basil (Optional)
• 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
• 1 jar (24 ounces) marinara sauce
• grated parmesan cheese (Optional)
• 1/2 pounds sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
• 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
• 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
• 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
• 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine first 7 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until chicken is tender, 6-8 hours.
- Stir in Alfredo sauce and tortellini. Cook, covered, until tortellini is tender, 15-20 minutes. If desired, top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled, cooked mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Microwave, covered, on high, in a microwave-safe dish until heated through, stirring gently; add water if necessary.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/saucy-chicken-tortellini/