Tomato, onion and garlic pasta sauce with sausage chunks for a bit of substance - brilliant for students.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tsp chilli powder
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 300g short pasta such as fusilli or farfalle
• packet of 8 pork sausages, cut into chunky pieces
- Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large frying pan and fry chunky pieces of 8 pork sausages on a fairly high heat until they are golden brown all over.
- Now turn the heat down and add 1 large chopped onion and 2 crushed garlic cloves, cooking them until they have softened.
- Stir in 1 tsp chilli powder and 400g chopped tomatoes with the sausages, bring the sauce to the boil then turn the heat down and let it bubble for about 10 minutes while you cook the pasta.
- Drop 300g pasta into the pan of boiling water and cook according to the pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta, then tip it into the frying pan with the sausage sauce, mixing well to coat. Dish up immediately with crusty bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/saucy-sausage-pasta-0