Here we slice refrigerated lasagna noodles to get silky pappardelle-style ribbons of pasta that look like they’re homemade. Pick up pre-cubed butternut squash to save yourself peeling and chopping time.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 1 1/4 cups pasta and 1 1/2 tbsp. parsley mixture)
• 6 ounces reduced-fat ground pork sausage
• 1 (8-oz.) pkg. sliced fresh cremini mushrooms
• 1 cup chopped yellow onion
• 1 cup 1/4-inch-cubed butternut squash
• 3 tbsps chopped fresh sage
• 1 1/2 tbsps chopped garlic
• 1/3 cup dry white wine
• 8 ounces refrigerated fresh lasagna sheets, cut into 3/4-inch-wide strips
• 1 cup unsalted chicken stock
• 3 tbsps heavy cream
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt, divided
• 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
• 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
• 3 tbsps unsalted roasted pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas), chopped
• 2 tbsps pecorino Romano cheese, grated
• 1 tsp lemon zest
- Cook sausage, mushrooms, onion, squash, sage, and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high, stirring often, until sausage is cooked through and crumbled, 8 to 9 minutes. Add wine; cook until almost absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water 4 minutes, or to desired degree of doneness. Drain.
- Stir stock into sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook 1 minute. Stir in pasta, cream, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir together parsley, pepitas, cheese, zest, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Divide pasta among 4 bowls; top with parsley mixture.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sausage-and-mushroom-pasta-with-butternut-squash