Liven up midweek pasta with a fiery sausage and chilli hit.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 200g pasta shapes
• 2 garlic cloves, sliced
• 1/2 tsp crushed red chillies
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• parmesan shavings, to serve
• 1/2 tsp fennel seeds (Optional)
• 150g pack purple sprouting broccoli, cut into pieces
• 2 Italian-style pork sausages, skins removed and meat broken in to pieces
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil and cook the pasta until nearly al dente. Throw in the broccoli and cook for 2 mins more. Drain, saving 1-2 tbsp of the water.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the garlic, fennel seeds, if using, and chillies. When they start to colour a bit, add the sausage and cook until golden and cooked through. Tip in the pasta and broccoli with the reserved water and toss. Serve hot with the Parmesan shavings.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-broccoli-pasta