• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 2 large eggs
• 1/4 cup milk
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/4 tsp dry mustard
• 1/8 tsp onion powder
• 1 cup cubed white bread (about 2 slices)
• 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled hot ground pork sausage
• 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
- Layer cubed bread, cooked sausage, and cheese evenly into 2 greased 8-oz. ramekins or individual soufflé dishes.
- Whisk together eggs and next 5 ingredients. Pour evenly over cheese in ramekins. Cover and chill 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
NOTE: To bake in a muffin pan, layer cubed bread, cooked sausage, and shredded cheese evenly in 4 greased cups in pan. Pour egg mixture evenly over cheese in muffin cups. Cover and chill 8 hours. Let stand at room temperature 20 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Individual Ham-Swiss Breakfast Cups: Prepare recipe as directed, substituting 1/4 cup chopped cooked ham for sausage and 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese for Monterey Jack cheese with peppers.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sausage-cheese-breakfast-cups