This recipe for sausages braised with smoky bacon and cider is a poshed-up sausage and mash and it's a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. It takes a little while but is really easy to make.
• Prep and cook time: 1 hour
• Yield: Serves 4
• olive oil
• 450ml cider
• 8 pork sausages
• 1 tbsp plain flour
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• mashed potato to serve
• 1 onion, halved and sliced
• a handful parsley, chopped
• 6 rashers smoked streaky bacon, chopped
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a casserole. Add the sausages and cook until browned all over. Take out of the pan.
- Add the bacon and onion to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Sprinkle over the flour and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the cider. Simmer for 2 minutes, then stir in the mustard.
- Add back the sausages. Simmer for 20-30 minutes until sauce has thickened. Add the parsley and serve with mash.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/family/sausages-braised-with-smoky-bacon-and-cider/