Satisfy your roast pork and apple cravings with this quick and easy midweek meal.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 2 tsps plain flour
• 300ml apple cider
• 2 tbsps wholegrain mustard
• 600g pork chipolata sausages
• 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 1 leek (pale part only), thinly sliced
• 200g bacon (about 3 rashers), cut into thin strips
• 2 red apples (skin on), cored, cut into thin wedges
- Heat the oil in a frypan over medium heat. Cook sausages for 8-10 minutes, turning, until golden. Remove sausages from pan and keep warm while you make the gravy.
- Drain all but 1 tablespoon of fat from the pan, then return pan to medium heat. Add the leek, bacon and flour, and cook stirring, for 2-3 minutes until the leek softens slightly. Return the sausages to the frypan with the apple juice and mustard. Stir well to combine, then simmer over low heat for 15 minutes. Add the apple and cook for a further 15 minutes until the apple starts to break down and gravy thickens. Stir through parsley, then serve with mashed potato.
This great family recipe is thanks to Delicious at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/sausages-apple-leek-gravy/bb70df06-e721-4398-83e9-f3df74d90200?