Use your best peaches for this supersimple grilled main dish. The sliced fresh peaches add a pleasantly sweet and fresh contrast to the spicy sausages and tangy pickles.
• Prep and cook time: 1 hour & 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 1/2 tsps kosher salt
• canola oil, for brushing
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
• six 6 ounce hot Italian sausages
• 3 tbsps sorghum syrup or molasses
• 2 jalapeños, seeded and thinly sliced
• 2 medium peaches, pitted and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- In a 1-quart jar, shake both vinegars with the sorghum syrup, salt and 1/2 cup of water until the salt dissolves. Add the jalapeños and onion, cover and let stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Light a grill and oil the grate. Grill the sausages over moderate heat, turning, until lightly charred and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice on the bias.
- Arrange the sliced peaches on a platter. Top with the sausages and some of the pickled jalapeños and onion. Drizzle with some of the pickling liquid and serve the remaining pickles on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to FOOD & WINE at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sausages-peaches-and-pickled-chiles