Quick-cooking scallops are excellent with sweet fennel and a buttery lemon-caper sauce.
• Prep and cook time: 12 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• kosher salt
• 1 pound sea scallops
• freshly ground pepper
• 2 tbsps unsalted butter
• 2 tbsps drained capers
• 2 tbsps extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tbsps chopped flat-leaf parsley
• 2 tbsps fresh lemon juices, plus lemon wedges for serving
• 1 medium fennel bulb-trimmed, halved and thinly sliced, fronds reserved for garnish
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the scallops and cook until just opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.
- Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the sliced fennel and capers and cook over high heat, stirring, until the fennel is crisp-tender and lightly golden, 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the fennel around the scallops and garnish with chopped fennel fronds. Serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Food&Wine Recipes at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/scallops-fennel-grenobloise