Showcase beautiful seafood in this gourmet rice dish.
• Prep Time: 15 minutes
• Cook Time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 tbsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsps ground coriander
• 1 1/4 cups (310ml) water
• lemon wedges, to serve
• 12 clams or pipis, cleaned
• 1 red onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup (125ml) lemon juice
• flat-leaf parsley leaves to serve
• 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
• 8 baby octopus, cleaned, halved
• 1 cup (200g) white long-grain rice
• 1 red capsicum, seeded, finely chopped
• 1 green capsicum seeded, finely chopped
• 8 green king prawns peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over high heat. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes each side or until prawns change colour and curl. Transfer to a plate. Add the octopus to the pan and cook for 1 minute or until just tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the onion and capsicum to the pan and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the tomato, paprika and coriander and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tomato softens. Add the rice, water and lemon juice and stir to combine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until rice is almost tender. Add the clams, prawns and octopus and cook, covered, for 3-4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and clams open. Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/seafood-rice/6541a405-92ef-4572-b981-916a9ed6edad