Forget throwing another shrimp on the barbie. You can create this impressive alfresco seafood feast with a flick of a switch on your built-in cooktop.
• Prep and cook time: 35 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 2 tbsps chilli jam
• 2 lemons, halved
• Sumac, to garnish
• 2/3 cup aioli, to serve
• Lemon zest, to garnish
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 6 scallops on the half shell
• 6 (250g) cleaned baby octopus
• 2 tbsps chopped flat-leaf parsley, to garnish
• 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
• 1/4 cup baby oregano leaves, plus extra to garnish
• 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced lengthways, to garnish
• 6 large uncooked prawns, butterflied, deveined, leaving head and tail intact
- Combine octopus, chilli jam and half the oil in a glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Chill overnight to marinate. Drain. Discard marinade.
- Heat Miele Cooktop Teppanyaki Grill to high. Mix a little olive oil and oregano leaves in a small bowl. Brush scallops with oil mixture and place scallops on Cooktop. Cook for 30 seconds each side or until browned. Return scallops to shells and arrange on a serving platter.
- Place prawns on Cooktop. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until prawns have changed colour and curled up. Transfer to platter with the scallops.
- Place octopus on Cooktop. Cook for 3 minutes or until browned and curled. Transfer to platter with scallops and prawns. Add lemon halves to Cooktop. Cook for 1 minute or until browned. Transfer to platter with seafood.
- Meanwhile, place the green onions in a small bowl and cover with iced water. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes or until onion curls.
- Whisk remaining oil (add more if necessary) with garlic and drizzle over seafood. Garnish with oregano leaves, sumac, parsley and green onion curls. Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt flakes. Drizzle with extra oil, if desired. Serve with aioli, garnished with lemon zest.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/summertime-seafood-platter-oregano-garlic-dressing/dt8bs62s