This seafood skewers with grilled lettuce and blue cheese dressing recipe is brought to you by taste.com.au and Houghton Wine. Pair this dish with Houghton White Classic.
• Prep time: 3 hours & 20 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 2/3 cup sour cream
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 80g blue cheese, crumbled
• 2 green onions, thinly sliced
• 2 tsps worcestershire sauce
• 16 large scallops without roe
• 1 tbsp finely grated lemon rind
• 2 tbsps finely chopped fresh dill
• 1.5kg kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
• 1 small iceberg lettuce, cut into thick wedges
• 750g firm white fish fillets, cut into 3cm pieces
• 16 uncooked medium king prawns, peeled, tails intact
• 16 cleaned baby octopus, heads removed (if octopus is a little large, halve)
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until almost cooked. Drain. Halve lengthways.
- Place seafood in a large bowl. Add garlic, dill, onions, rind, mustard and oil. Toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Thread seafood, alternating varieties, onto 16 metal or wooden skewers.
- Mash blue cheese with a fork in a small bowl. Stir in sour cream, mayonnaise, Worcestershire sauce and 2 tablespoons water until smooth. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Preheat an oil-sprayed chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook potatoes and lettuce, turning, or until lettuce is just tender and potatoes are golden and crisp. Transfer to serving plates.
- Cook skewers on chargrill until seafood is just cooked and changed in colour. Serve with potatoes, lettuce and dressing.
- Pair this dish with Houghton White Classic.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/seafood-skewers-grilled-lettuce-blue-cheese-dressing/fefea12e-a39d-48b7-b6ec-6784d7063237