This simple sheet pan barramundi bake is ready in 30 minutes and features your favorite summer produce! Dress up some roasted barramundi with an easy homemade compound butter and plenty of fresh herbs. Recipe and photos by Jessie Johnson of Life As A Strawberry.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
For the barramundi:
• 5 cloves garlic, peeled
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
• 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 14 oz cherry tomatoes on the vine
• 3 ears of corn, sliced into 1-inch discs
• 2 (6-oz) Australis Barramundi fillets, frozen
• Toasted baguette or French bread slices, for serving (optional)
For the lime butter:
• Zest of 1 lime
• 1 tbsp lime juice
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Make the lime butter. Combine all ingredients for the lime butter in a small bowl and stir to combine. It helps to use the back of a spoon or spatula to knead the butter. Spoon butter onto a sheet of waxed paper and use the paper to roll it into a log shape. Refrigerate until you’re ready to use it.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay frozen barramundi fillets, corn, tomatoes, and garlic in a single layer on a large sheet pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes or until barramundi has turned bright white and is no longer opaque.
- Top barramundi with chopped cilantro and a slice of lime butter. Serve immediately with toast (optional) for the garlic and tomatoes.
- Make the lime butter in advance and store in the fridge for up to a week. Add a splash of lime juice to the barramundi and vegetables before baking if you like. Use basil or parsley in place of cilantro if you like.
This great family recipe is thanks to The Better Fish Recipes at https://www.thebetterfish.com/recipe/sheet-pan-roasted-barramundi-with-corn-tomatoes-and-lime-butter/