• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: can make about 16-20 skewers as appetizer
• 1 cup sake
• 1 cup mirin
• vegetable oil, for grilling
• 1 pound large sea scallops
• 2 lemons, very thinly sliced
• 2 jalapeños, very thinly sliced
• 1 1/2 cups low-sodium soy sauce
• 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- In a glass or ceramic baking dish, combine the soy sauce with the mirin, sake, lemon slices and jalapeños.
- Thread the shrimp onto 8 pairs of bamboo skewers and add them to the marinade, turning to coat. Repeat with the scallops. Refrigerate the seafood for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through, then drain.
- Light a grill and oil the grates. Brush the shrimp and scallops with oil and grill over high heat, turning once or twice, until lightly charred, about 4 minutes. Serve right away.
This great family recipe is thanks to FOOD & WINE at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/shrimp-and-scallops-lemony-soy