Sprinkled with a Cajun seasoning blend and brushed with a mixture of lemon juice, hot sauce, and melted butter, these kebabs pack a flavorful punch. Even better, they cook in minutes. Make sure the grill is very hot so that the okra will char. And choose smaller okra pods; they are more tender and will fit better on the skewers.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• Lemon wedges
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsps salted butter, melted
• 1 tsp lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
• 1 tsp hot sauce (such as Crystal)
• 2 tsps Cajun seasoning (such as Slap Ya Mama)
• 8 ounces large peeled and deveined raw shrimp, tail-on
• 8 ounces andouille sausage, sliced into 1⁄2-inch rounds
• 6 ounces small okra pods, halved lengthwise (about 1 1⁄2 cups)
- Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F); or heat a grill pan over high, and lightly grease. Combine shrimp, sausage, okra, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, and black pepper in a large bowl; toss to coat. Thread mixture onto 8 (8-inch) skewers, with sausage rounds inside shrimp and alternating with okra slices.
- Place kebabs on lightly greased grill grate or in grill pan. Grill, uncovered, until okra is charred and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 1⁄2 minutes per side. Transfer kebabs to a serving plate. Stir together butter, lemon juice, and hot sauce; brush on kebabs. Serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/shrimp-okra-sausage-kebabs