We love having salmon for dinner as it’s so healthy and flavorful!
• Prep time: 20 minutes
• Cook time: 50 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6-8
• 4 tbsps olive oil
• 1 bunch tarragon
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
• 80g butter, softened
• 1kg Huon Salmon fillet
• 3 radishes, thinly sliced
• 1/2 fennel, bulb shaved
• handful tarragon leaves
• edible flowers (Optional)
• salt and coarsely ground black pepper
• 1 Lebanese cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- Preheat oven to 100˚C.
- Place a large piece of foil on your kitchen bench, about 20cm longer than the salmon. Drizzle a little of the olive oil on the foil then place salmon skin side down.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, then break the butter into pieces and scatter the butter and tarragon over fish, drizzle remaining olive oil on top. Place another piece of foil on top and seal the edges.
- Place on a baking tray and roast until salmon is just cooked through (the tip of a knife will slide through easily and flesh will be slightly opaque), 30–40 minutes for medium-rare.
- Carefully remove salmon from foil and place on a large serving platter.
- Spoon any melted butter over the salmon and discard tarragon sprigs.
- Place the salad ingredients into a large bowl and toss to combine. Arrange around the edges of the salmon and decorate with edible flowers and fresh tarragon leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/slow-roasted-salmon-with-tarragon-and-cucumber-fennel-salad/