This tasty soy and sesame marinated barramundi is a great meal for family dinner, marinate, sizzle and serve in just 25 minutes!
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• spray olive oil
• 1 cup white rice
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 2 celery stalks, sliced
• 2 tbsps mirin seasoning
• 1 tsp ginger, finely grated
• 2 tbsps gluten-free soy sauce
• 2 tsps sesame seeds, toasted
• 4 (150g each) barramundi fillets
• 1 lebanese cucumber, chopped
• 3 spring onions, thinly sliced diagonally
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling water for 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain in a colander. Set aside, turning occasionally with a fork or large metal spoon to release the heat, until cool.
- Meanwhile, preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and ginger in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add barramundi and turn to coat. Drain and spray with oil. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until opaque and the flesh flakes when tested gently with a fork.
- Place rice, spring onion, cucumber, celery and mirin seasoning in a large bowl and toss to combine. Divide among plates and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Top with the barramundi.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/soy-sesame-marinated-barramundi/471eddf0-8aa0-4001-a9c6-97928e9f5fdc