Enjoy this gourmet pasta with all your favourite seafood.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 250g spaghetti
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 125ml (1/2) dry white wine
• 500ml (2 cups) roast tomato sauce
• Salt & freshly ground black pepper
• Mixed green salad, to serve, if desired
• 1 brown onion , halved, finely chopped
• 12 black mussels, scrubbed, debearded
• 8 (about 365g) cleaned baby octopus, halved
• 1 red birdseye chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
• 300g firm white fish fillet, skin removed, cut into 2cm pieces
• 12 medium (about 200g) green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the octopus and cook for 3 minutes or until just cooked. Transfer to a bowl.
- Reheat pan. Add prawns and fish, and cook for 2 minutes or until prawns curl and change colour and fish is golden brown. Transfer to bowl with octopus.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan over high heat. Add onion, garlic and chilli, and cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Add wine and bring to the boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until reduced by half. Add tomato sauce and bring to the boil. Add mussels and cook, covered, for 4 minutes or until mussels open. Discard unopened mussels. Add octopus, prawns, fish and spaghetti and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Divide among serving bowls. Serve with salad, if desired.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste Recipes at https://www.taste.com.au/recipes/spaghetti-marinara/aee26ed9-ab0d-4958-936a-d61178efd66d