Clams are steamed in a mixture of olive oil, sherry, prosciutto, and onion. Serve as an appetizer or an entree.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• 1/4 cup dry sherry
• 36 littleneck clams
• 3 ounces diced prosciutto ham
• 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, cover the skillet, and cook for 10 minutes or until the onion is tender.
- Stir in the ham and sherry. Add the clams to the skillet. Turn the heat to medium, cover the skillet, and cook for about 5 minutes or until the clams open. Discard any unopened clams. Spoon the pan liquid over the clams once they are opened. Serve hot.
This great family recipe is thanks to CDKITCHEN at https://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/recs/47/Spanish_Clams54035.shtml