This Spicy Korean Chicken is amazing and super yummy chicken with spicy Korean marinade. So easy to make, cheaper, and better than takeout!
It has fewer ingredients in the marinade and can be grilled outdoor, perfect for summer. Baked in the oven or just pan-fried on a skillet or pan.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 lb. (about 0.4 kg) boneless and skinless chicken thighs
• salt to taste
• 2 tablespoons oil
• 1 tbsp sesame oil
• 1 1/2 tbsps sugar
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 1/2 tbsps Korean chili paste
• 1 piece ginger, peeled and minced (1 inch / 2 cm)
• 1 tsp Korean red chili powder or regular chili powder
- Slice the chicken thighs horizontally to make thinner pieces of meat. Slice each piece of chicken thigh (depends on its thickness) into 2 or 3 horizontal pieces. Set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in the Marinade in a bowl, whisk it to make sure the Korean chili paste (gochujang) is completely dissolved. Marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes or best for two hours.
- Grill the chicken until slightly charred and completely cooked through. You may also pan-fried the chicken on a skillet or pan, or bake in the oven at 400°F (207°C) for about 20 minutes. Serve immediately with steamed rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/spicy-korean-chicken/