Healthy food doesn't have to be boring. This spicy prawn linguine has a spicy chilli kick to keep it interesting. It's so delicious you'll forget that you're being virtuous!
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• olive oil
• 150g linguine
• 2 shallots, diced
• rocket salad to serve
• 1 clove garlic, crushed
• a large pinch chilli flakes
• 150g raw peeled prawns
• 400g tin chopped tomatoes
• 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 1cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large frying pan, add the shallots and fry for 2 minutes before adding the ginger, garlic and chilli flakes.
- Fry for another 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 20 minutes until saucy.
- Cook the linguine in boiling salted water until just tender, then drain.
- Stir the parsley and the prawns into the tomato base, season well and cook until the prawns turn pink.
- Add the cooked linguine, toss and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine Recipes at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/healthy/spicy-prawn-linguine/