Flavoured with a dry red curry paste, this squid stir-fry is hot and sour, with crunchy snake beans and baby corn.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps fish sauce
• 1 tbsp caster sugar
• steamed rice, to serve
• 1 onion, cut into wedges
• 1/4 cup (60ml) sunflower oil
• 2 tbsps Thai red curry paste
• 250g baby corn, halved if large
• handful Thai basil or regular basil leaves
• 2 tbsps lime juice, plus wedges to serve
• 250g snake beans, cut into 8cm lengths
• 600g squid, cleaned, tentacles and tubes separated
• 2 long red chillies, seeds removed, sliced at an angle
- Halve the squid tubes lengthways and score one side in a criss-cross pattern, then cut into 3cm-wide strips. Set aside.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok over high heat. Stir-fry 1 tbs curry paste for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add half the squid tubes and tentacles and stir-fry for 1 minute until just opaque. Remove squid from wok and set aside. Repeat with remaining curry paste and squid.
- Add remaining oil to wok, then stir-fry onion for 1-2 minutes. Add chillies, beans and corn and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until just tender. Add sugar, lime juice and fish sauce and toss to combine.
- Return squid to wok and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to heat through. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately with rice and lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/spicy-stir-fried-squid-snake-beans-baby-corn/4d850310-c313-4596-a9a8-e74a3a894e29?r=recipes/collections/octopussquidrecipes&c=92d3acdf-e928-463f-a235-04d87eec849f/the%20best%20octopus%20and%20squid%20recipes