Lemon-drenched zucchini brings an Italian accent to flash-fried squid for the perfect quick lunch or light dinner.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 zucchinis
• 1 tbsp honey
• 1kg small squid, cleaned
• 2 tbsps flaked almonds, toasted
• 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
• finely pared zest of 1/2 lemon and 1 tbsp juice, plus wedges to serve
- Separate the squid tubes from the tentacles. Cut open each squid hood, then using a sharp knife, score the inside in a diamond pattern and slice into strips. Remove and discard the beaks from the tentacles and set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into long ribbons. Blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frypan over high heat. Cook squid tubes and tentacles, turning, for 1 minute or until just cooked and the tubes curl.
- Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with lemon juice and honey, then season.
- Divide the zucchini and squid among 4 plates and drizzle with dressing. Scatter with almonds and lemon zest, then serve with lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/squid-zucchini-almonds-lemon/a124e1ab-a0f1-4036-87e5-e2e6319046a5?current_section=recipes&r=recipes/collections/octopussquidrecipes&c=92d3acdf-e928-463f-a235-04d87eec849f/the%20best%20octopus%20and%20squid%20recipes