These crab salad rolls are the perfect summer meal - refreshing with a hint of lemon, a bit of spice from the Sriracha, and the freshness of crab meat can’t be beat!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 5 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 small buns
• 1 tbsp sriracha
• 3 tbsp mayonnaise
• scallions to decorate
• 10 - 12 large crab claws
• 1 large lemon, cut in half
• 1/4 cup finely diced celery
• 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
• pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Slightly steam the crab claws in a small saute pan with half a lemon, making sure to squeeze lemon juice over the claws. This helps to add aroma and flavor to the crab. Do this for 5 minutes, take off heat and let cool. Pick the crab meat and place in small bowl.
- Fold in the rest of the ingredients, making sure to add the other half of the lemon by juicing and zesting it into the bowl.
- Chill and make rolls just before serving by stuffing each roll with crab salad and decorating with chopped scallions.
NOTE: If using canned crab meat, you don’t need to steam it with the lemon. Just make sure to taste it and add more lemon if necessary.
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Sriracha-Crab-Salad-Rolls-1046221#directions