Sticky Korean Chicken recipe owes it delicious taste to a flavorful marinade bursting with sweet, sour and savory notes. For best results, marinate at least 2 hours or overnight.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 40 minutes
• Yield: Serves 6
For the Marinade:
• 1/2 cup honey
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1/2-1 tsp red chilli flakes
• 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
For the Korean Chicken:
• 4 green onions
• 3 lbs chicken legs
• 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- In a large bowl combine honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, oil and red chilli flakes.
- Then add chicken pieces, making sure chicken is fully submerged in the marinade. Cover with a lid or plastic wrap and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375F/200C. Take the chicken pieces out of the marinade and place them on parchment lined shallow baking pan. Reserve the marinade.
- Cook the chicken in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear and the skin is dark and slightly blistered. (Internal temperature 180F/82C) Baste with the marinade half way through the cooking for deeper flavour.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and remove to a serving plate, sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds before serving.
This great family recipe is thanks to Natasha's Kitchen Recipes at https://natashaskitchen.com/sticky-korean-chicken/